tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pae Choi" <paec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Which SSLeay do I need...?
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:25:19 GMT
I have been used the [1]Apache/HTTP Server + [2]MOD_SSL +[3] OpenSSL
+ [4]TC + [5]JSSE combination. And I know [6]Apache-SSL is an alternative
of MOD_SSL, but I have not heard about the opinions on the Apache-SSL yet.

Is there any specific reason you have to use Apach-ssl than mod_ssl? By
shamelessly coping the statement from your message,

> We don't need access to a certificate authority.  I just need SSL for data
> encrytpion.

Are you referring the"Data Encryption" over HTTP, e.g., HTTPS,? Or, are
you intended to handle the data encryption programatically over SSL?

Pae

[1] http://www.apache.org/
[2] http://www.modssl.org/
[3] http://www.openssl.org/