tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "cazza" <crams...@xanalys.com>
Subject applet deployment/access
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 13:27:24 GMT
I have a servlet that generates html which contains a reference to the
applet class under tomcat (the tomcat location is webapps/myapp/applet/)

I understand that MyApplet.class cannot be under the web-inf directory for
security reasons, but I have two questions;
1) The applet class relies on other classes that are under the
web-inf/classes directory.  How should my applet get access to these
classes?

2) MyApplet.class is also part of a package, which therefore builds under
Tomcat to webapps/myapp/applet/com/companyname/packagename/MyApplet.class.
I would like to set up a filter in the web.xml so that any reference to
/applet loads the applet class.  Do I do it as follows?
<filter>
    <filter-name>Applet Filter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>com.companyname.packagename.MyApplet.class</filter-class>
</filter>
<filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>Applet Filter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/applet</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>