tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Debby Dart" <>
Subject Jasper error
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 01:08:32 GMT

I'm a newbie to Tomcat and JSP and fairly new to Java.  While running a test
script with Tomcat 4.0, I get the following error:

An error occurred at line: 3 in the jsp file: /SaveName.jsp

Generated servlet error:
C:\java-apps\Apache Tomcat 4.0\work\localhost\testapp\SaveName$
Class org.apache.jsp.UserData not found.
                UserData user = null;

Line 3 in the script is :
<jsp:useBean id="user" class="UserData" scope="session"/>

I thought all I needed to do was to place the file UserData.class into the
webapps\testapp\Web-inf\classes directory, but apparently I'm missing

I have looked at most of the documentation I can find and tried to use
web.xml - going to this list with such a basic question is a last resort.

Thanks for your patience and all help you can provide.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message