tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "DONNIE HALE" <DH...@longaberger.com>
Subject Re: setting global application variables
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:42:55 GMT
Create a .jar file with the single class containing your global variable(s). Put that in the
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib directory (I think that's the right one). Any servlets running under
that Tomcat instance wil have that .jar file in their classpath. If the variable(s) can change,
you obviously have to deal with the threading issues.

Donnie

>>> cprey@earthlink.net 12/03/01 11:34AM >>>
Is there a way to set a global application variable for all servlets? I am
using Tomcat 4.0.1 and have seen the SnoopSession example for setting an
init variable for a servlet...I need a global variable. Thanks.

Chad Alan Prey
Software Engineer YesMail.com
home  - 619.299.1784
cell  - 858.829.7178