tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jagan" <ja...@unidux.com.sg>
Subject RE: tomcat 4.0
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:08:19 GMT
hi!
i am using mysql database
can the reply given by u solve my problem,
i aleady placed mysql.jar under
catalinahome/lib
if u can pass me the server.xml, web.xml and the changes to be made in httpd.conf for creation
of new application
i will be very thank ful to u,
before that i want to say what i had done
1.i lept my myapplication.war under webapps,
2.i restarted tomcat
3.then a directory myapplication is creating under webapps
4.if i want to create the Context in server.xml
then the tomcat not starting,
if i comment the Conttext and restarting it's starting and the error i said before is occuring,
i changed in httpd.conf also as required.
One more case :
if i am uncommenting the Realm for org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver,

      <Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
             driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
          connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/authority?user=test;password=test"
              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
          userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
the server is not restarting,
so i think my changes are not proper in server.xml,
so please guide me in this
jagan