tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ion LarraƱaga <ila...@s21sec.com>
Subject RE: Problem with Tomcat 4.0.1 installer: Cannot find JDK!
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 08:53:57 GMT

The Tomcat 4.0.1 installer for Windows uses register entries to detect the
JDK installation directory. Check the value of CurrentVersion under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java Development Kit. For instance, in
my computer I have 1.4. Then, check JavaHome under
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/JavaSoft/Java Development Kit/1.4 (in my case),
which must point to the java directory. The error you report seems to happen
when the installer is unable to find the current version value.

Hope it helps

Ion

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Antonio Vargas [mailto:advargas@cis.com.ph]
Enviado el: viernes, 28 de diciembre de 2001 5:41
Para: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Asunto: Problem with Tomcat 4.0.1 installer: Cannot find JDK!

I have installed the Java 2 SDK 1.4.0 beta 3 into my computer running on
Windows 95.  My problem is, when I run the TOMCAT 4.0.1 installer, I get
prompted with 'Couldn't find a Java Development Kit installed in this
computer. Please download one from http://java.sun.com.'

Here are my SET PATH= arguments:

set
path=c:\windows\jdk143;c:\windows\jdk143\bin;c:\windows\jdk143\lib;%path%

where c:\windows\jdk143 is the directory into which I installed the JDK.  I
have also assigned JAVA_HOME= c:\windows\jdk143 (just in case, though I know
that this is required only for starting Tomcat). Although, when I use J2SDK
1.3.1, the TOMCAT installer can detect a JDK.

I have searched the archives regarding anything about installing Tomcat, but
I can't find anything about installing Tomcat 4.0.1 on J2SDK1.4 rel.3.  I
have also tried to look into java.sun.com for any info on their 1.4 release,
no luck there either.

I'd appreciate any helpful information anyone can provide and TIA.

Anton

http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?prophet
http://www.onedollaremail.com/?ref=15752
http://www.dynamicsms.com.au/intro.asp?ref=09175209396&refc=382