tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "William Tansill" <wtans...@erols.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp config
Date Sun, 02 Dec 2001 18:15:40 GMT
I've just gotten Tomcat up and talking to Apache, so I'm not certain.  In
looking at the file server.xml though, I see the following entry:

        <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">

followed by a number of other entries dealing with persistence and such.

My guess is that if you want to create and run your own JSP's, you will need
to install them per the standard deployment mechanism, update server.xml to
reflect the new deployment context, and then restart Tomcat.  At least those
are the steps I'm planning on taking when I get an example up and running.
If you get your stuff working first, write back to the group and let me know
how you did it.  Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: hanzo [mailto:hanzoach@yahoo.com]
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 13:02 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_webapp config

----- Original Message -----
From: "William Tansill"
To: "Tomcat Users List" <tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, December 02, 2001 3:52 AM

Thanks a lot, it works.. now I have _more_ questions ^_^

> This is a partial listing of my VHosts section of Apache's httpd.conf
file:

> #
> # Use name-based virtual hosting.
> #
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.123.105
>
> <VirtualHost 192.168.123.105>
>    ServerName www.servlets.com
>    DocumentRoot "d:/Program Files/Apache Tomcat 4.0/webapps/ROOT/"
>
>    WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
>    WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples
> </VirtualHost>

How can I tell Apache to process jsp files ?
the above config dont process jsp files.. for example.. if I drop index.jsp
into
the /ROOT/ dir, Apache wont process it
Even if I have add DirectoryIndex directives, it just display the file (just
like HTML files), but not 'process' it
The strange thing is if I click on the examples, it works..
Should I modify the config, or I just have to use port 8080 (which I don't
want
to)

Thanks in advance