tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "William Tansill" <wtans...@erols.com>
Subject RE: mod_webapp config
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:52:37 GMT
This is a partial listing of my VHosts section of Apache's httpd.conf file:

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#
NameVirtualHost 192.168.123.105

<VirtualHost 192.168.123.105>
   ServerName www.servlets.com
   DocumentRoot "d:/Program Files/Apache Tomcat 4.0/webapps/ROOT/"

   WebAppConnection conn warp localhost:8008
   WebAppDeploy examples conn /examples
</VirtualHost>

Since this is a LOCAL server for my development, www.servlets.com doesn't
actually exist.  Instead, I've edited my HOSTS file (on Win2k this is
located in c:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc) to add the line:

192.168.123.105  www.servlets.com

If you have DNS up and running, then you'll need to add something similar to
your DNS configuration.

-----Original Message-----
From: hanzo [mailto:hanzoach@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 30, 2001 19:40 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: mod_webapp config

I'm trying to configure Tomcat 4.01 with Apache 1.3.22 on Win2k
I have installed mod_webapp, but what does it suppose to do ?
What I want is one of the Apache's virtual host will point to Tomcat
so that virtualhost can serve JSPs. (no need to type 8080 port)
But now if I type the vhost url name, it is not redirected by Apache..
Anyone have a solution ?