tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Abhijit Sarkar" <abhisar...@hotmail.com>
Subject SSL , Verisign Certificate and Tomcat 3.2.3
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 17:14:03 GMT
I am trying to import a verisign global server id ..

but the certificate won't work..

my temporary self certificate works fine.

after installing the verisign certificate, the https does not work,
with IE 5.5 , I get the 'page cannot be displayed"
and with Netscape 4.5 I get the message "..no common encrytion algorithm".

the certificate comes with a Intermediate certificate, i hv imported the
intermediate to ../cacerts ..but i hv not specified any alias for the
intermediate...do i need to specify any alias for this?..

I am not able to find any clue to this yet..
OS: IBM AIX 4.3
Web Server: tomcat 3.2.3 (standalone)
java version : java1.3.0 (ibm )

If anybody has any suggestions, it will be helpful

thanks

abhijit