tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Hagenbrock" <sebastian.hagenbr...@eventim.de>
Subject How to create global variables wich could be accessed by all jsp sites and servlet's?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 14:36:02 GMT
Hi,

I've found nothing about how to save Variables wich are stored globally in
reference to one context.

Normally I handle the variables in session objects for each user. But I've
some preferences wich should be read only once at the start of the tomcat
server and then always only read by the classes/jsp sites.

I need it, because the initialisation of these variables consumes much time,
and i have running it now for each new created session object. But it is
only needed once at the servers startup.

How to do that?

Thx

SH

PS: Sorry for my bad english.