tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Saltzman <msaltz...@adirtech.com>
Subject RE: Exception using Tomcat4.0 Manager
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 19:26:31 GMT

	Just this morning I figured what the problem was. I had my own
server.xml file   that did not have the manager context defined. The line I
put in was (from tomcat4.0.1 final release):

<Context path="/manager" docBase="manager" debug="0" privileged="true"/>
	The privileged=true is the attribute that made it all work.

I did receive 2 responses that referred to other possible solutions.
1) Someone said they saw this problem if servlet.jar was in
$JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext
2) The manager context must be defined in each Virtual host for it to apply
to all the contexts in that host and only that host.

good luck,

mss

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Macomber [mailto:JMacomber@NetByTel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2001 11:46 AM
To: 'msaltzman@adirtech.com'
Subject: Exception using Tomcat4.0 Manager

Mark,

I saw your posting on the tomcat4 mailing list concerning the internal
server error on manager servlet.  I am experiencing the same problem.  I was
hoping you had found a solution to this problem since I didn't see any
replies posted to your message.  If you did find a solution could you send
me a reply with the steps to correct the problem.  Below is the specific
error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error allocating a servlet instance
Root Cause:
java.lang.SecurityException: Servlet of class
org.apache.catalina.servlets.ManagerServlet is privileged and cannot be
loaded by this web application

Thanks,

Jeff Macomber
NetByTel, Inc.