tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Reynir Hübner <rey...@hugsmidjan.is>
Subject RE: Is Tomcat considered to be a J2EE implementation?
Date Sat, 15 Dec 2001 17:12:20 GMT

no Tomcat does not come with an EJB container, but it supports the use
of EJBs with in servlets & jsp.
But you can download Jboss, bundled with Tomcat... Jboss is EJB
container/ application server.

Try it, it´s very good.

hope it helps,
-reynir

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Davis [mailto:michael@damaru.com]
Sent: 15. desember 2001 16:48
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Is Tomcat considered to be a J2EE implementation?

Thanks,

I've been using JServ to create servlets for a while, and I thought that
the
difference between simply using servlets and J2EE was that the latter
has an
EJB container. If this is true, then does Tomcat come with an EJB
container?
Or maybe a better question is, can you program EJBs with Tomcat?

Thanks again,
Michael

On December 15, 2001 11:34 am, you wrote:
> hello,
>
> The J2EE includes the following technologies :
>
> Servlets, JSP, JNDI, JAXP, JDBC, EJB, JMS, Java Transactions,
JavaMail,
http://java.sun.com/j2ee

--
Michael Davis