tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Paul Carver <p...@carverclan.com>
Subject Re: jsessionid in URL causes Apache/Tomcat to product 404 error
Date Sat, 01 Dec 2001 21:19:28 GMT
Ok, I've got a bit more info here...after looking pretty darn close at the
mod_rewrite log output, the line;

(2) prefixed with document_root to
d:/data/apache/www/html/mathfactcafe/java-mfc/jsp/gmain.jsp;jsessionid=rmoxmq6gj1

It appears that the path prefixed was to my web directory...not my tomcat
jsp directory; I guess that's why I get a 404 page not found error.  I
played around with this stuff a bit more.  It appears that if I do a
<jsp:forward/> to a link with a jsessionid, everything works ok.  But,
anything that goes directly to the web server (e.g. an HREF) with a
jsessionid in it still gets a 404 page not found error.

Why is mod_rewrite putting the doc root on it?  Since only URLs with a
jsessionid in it are bound for my tomcat jsp directory, should I write a
new rule to create a new path to the tomcat jsp root?  Just seems like
something must be configured wrong since the url's work fine without the
jsessionid...but then they are not going through mod_rewrite and getting
the web directory prefixed on them rather than the tomcat jsp directory.

:-(

/paul