tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve <st...@intexch.com>
Subject Running Tomcat 4.0 on Win98
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 16:35:05 GMT
I am using Tomcat 4.0 and JDK 1.3.1. with a Win98 OS. I believe I have my
JAVA_HOME, and CLASSPATH set properly but my Apache web server and Tomcat
are not compiling the JSP files. I think the problem is the catalina.bat
file. The catalina.bat file looks for an NT environment. If it finds NT
than it gives a   "C:\%JAVA_HOM%bin\catalina java" command to activate
Java. If it does not find NT than it gives   a "C:\%JAVA_HOM%bin\java"
which doesn't work because java.exe need arguments. Therefore  my tools.jar
is not activated and my *.jsp files are not compiled even though I copied
the tools.jar file  to my C:\jakarta-tomcat-4.0.1\lib folder. Any ideas?

    -- Steve
    www.intexch.com