tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Donie Kelly <donie.ke...@tecnomen.ie>
Subject RE: How to create global variables wich could be accessed by all jsp sites and servlet's?
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 15:46:29 GMT
Have a look at system.properties
eg:
		// Set up new system propeties
            sc = getServletContext();
            RootPath = sc.getRealPath("/");

            propFile = new FileInputStream(RootPath + "myapp.properties");

            Properties p = new Properties(System.getProperties());
            p.load(propFile);
            System.setProperties(p);

Run this in some servlet init() method which "loads on startup" (see
web.xml)

A file like this will then be in your $TOMCAT/webapps/app directory
myapp.properties

# My variable
myvar=myvalue

You can access these variables with