tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kevin HaleBoyes <kcbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat-as-an-NT-service startup failure
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 17:01:53 GMT
I just installed j2sdk1.3.1, Tomcat4, and the IIS redirector stuff
posted by Andrew Bruno.  It all seems to work fine except on the
initial startup of the machine.  If I manually start the Tomcat
service then everything works great but when I reboot the machine,
the Tomcat service _fails_ to start.  I get the following message
in the application section of the Event Viewer: "The Java Virtual
Machine has exited with a code of 1, the service is being stopped".

But, like I said above, I can then go into the service admin program
and start Tomcat. Does anyone have any idea why the JVM is exiting
or how I can find out what it all means (what is code 1)?

I'm using the latest jdk, tomcat, redirector on Win2K
 (+sp1+hot patches).

Thanks,
Kevin.