tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Renato" <webmas...@cienciapura.com.br>
Subject Tomcat 3.3 deployment - last minute problem
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:40:37 GMT
Hi all,

I have one last problem that prevents me from upgrading a big user base
from Tomcat 3.2.4 to Tomcat 3.3 ( which will be the last nightly build ).

*** HTML pages with latin characters don't display correctly on Linux ***

( JSP file with: )
Ex:   <p>αινσϊ</p>

I'm not quite sure if it's a bug or no. Here are some different scenarios
and what happens:

- in Tomcat 3.2.4 it works ( someone told me 3.2.x charset is broken
anyway )
- in Tomcat 3.3 installed on Window it works.
- in Tomcat 3.3 installed on Linux ( Red Hat 7.2, tested with IBM, Sun,
JRockit JVM ) it doesn't work.

It's maybe a problem with the locale variables on my Linux, which I don't
quite understand ( tried LC_ALL, LANG, LC_CTYPE and it didn't work ) or
Tomcat itself.

Any hints ?

Thanks
Renato - Brazil