tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jacob Christensen" ...@aglet.dk>
Subject Error in dynamic loading of servlets
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:47:25 GMT
Hi !

I've been boxing around a problem on tomcat 4.01 which I didn't have on 3.2.1.

I have a repository of servlets in a DB2-database. To add a servlet I have another servlet
responsible for looking at uploaded data, load the data, fetch the packagename of the uploaded
class. Finally I store both the class data and the packagename in the DB2 table.

This should enable me to deploy programs to a farm of applicationservers. This works just
fine for regular java classes, but when I try to upload a compiled servlet I'll receive error
like this:

PackageChecker.findClass() - Loading class :  through custom loader
PackageChecker.findClass() - Loading class : javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet through custom
loader
java.lang.ClassCircularityError: javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet
        at servlet.server.PackageChecker.findClass(PackageChecker.java:34)

Any ideas would be much appreciated !!

/Jacob Christensen, Aglet Technologies