tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Amine AMAR" <a.a...@dns1.caciopee.com>
Subject Again: configuring a DB connection pooling for Oracle on Tomcat4
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 11:55:14 GMT
Hi all,

I have this issue open for a while but no clue :(
I'm just resending it in case someone did not already read it.

I need to use a database connection pooling for Oracle 817 with tomcat 4. I made all the configuration
described in the documentation, but it still does not work.

I went thru the docs again and understood that tomcat 4 can use only tyrex DBs thru default
configuration, and that i need to write my own factory to have a JDBC connection pool with
tomcat 4.

I have two questions:
- did I understand correctly the docs?
- if it's the case, Can any one point me to how to do it (I have already read the example
and explanations in tomcat docs).?

thank's a lot
Amine