tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ing. Gabriel Gajdos" <Gabriel.Gaj...@ses.sk>
Subject RE: regarding Tomcat setup
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:44:50 GMT
Well, I am not sure what exactly you are thinking...
Please, try to give more information.
For example, how you connect Tomcat and Apache (mod_webapp/AJP13).

What do you mean with "i couldn't find the directory where as i placed my directory"?
Are you getting 404 Not Found HTTP Error code?

| hi!
| i installed Tomcat 4.0 and my webserver is Apache,
| The "/example" application is running very well,.
| i changed server.xml to write new Contest for my developing project and i
| restarted the server
| still i couldn't find the directory where as i placed my directory
| in web-apps,
| Is i should make any changes in httpd.conf of Apche?
| Apache version is:1.3.22
| please let me know?

The basic idea in configuring is as follows:

1. You configure Server CONTEXT in server.xml.
2. You examin working on http://localhost:8080/newapp/
3. You configure the connector for Apache to let him know which URLs it should consider as
Tomcat's pages...
These changes are (of course) made in httpd.conf.
Note that if http://server/myapp does not work, try http://server/myapp/ instead.
The configuration is based on the connector you are connecting T4 and Apache.

GG