tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nikola Milutinovic" <Nikola.Milutino...@ev.co.yu>
Subject Re: mod_webapp config
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 06:43:24 GMT
> > William Tansill wrote:
> >
> > > This is a partial listing of my VHosts section of Apache's httpd.conf file:
>
> > What does your web.xml look like? I'm having troubles with Tomcat side, I'd
> say.
> > I'm using one of Pier's nightly builds, but I have a nasty feeling it's me
> > screwing something up - Pier's code looks clean on the part that's bugging me.
>
> What troubles ?

I'm attaching my config file (web.xml) for detailed look.

I have Tomcat with a virtual host defined in "Tomcat-Standalone" service and I have also "Warp"
service. Standalone works, as defined, but the warp connection refuses to deploy. The adiional
"spice" to my config is that I'm trying to connect from Apache on another host.

The virtual host on Tomcat is "Mercury.ev.co.yu:8080" and it works from browsers. I'm trying
to connect from Apache on Legba.ev.co.yu. On Legba I have defined ServerName (no virtual host
on Apache, should I have one?) and my connect in httpd.conf looks like this:

<IfModule mod_webapp.c>
ServerName              Legba.ev.co.yu:80
WebAppConnection        Tomcat40        warp    Mercury.ev.co.yu:8008
WebAppDeploy    addr_book       Tomcat40        /addr_book
WebAppDeploy    addr_admin      Tomcat40        /addr_admin
WebAppDeploy    tomcat-docs     Tomcat40        /tomcat-docs
</IfModule>

All of these Deploy directives produce an error in Tomcat's log:

2001-11-27 21:22:38 [org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler]
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: addChild:  Child name 'legba.ev.co.yu' is not unique
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.addChild(StandardEngine.java, Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler.deploy(WarpConfigurationHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConfigurationHandler.handle(WarpConfigurationHandler.java,
Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnection.run(WarpConnection.java, Compiled
Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I have looked at the source, the error originates not from Warp, but deeper, from Container.addChild(...).
Looks like Warp tries to register "Legba.ev.co.yu" twice, but I can clearly see it is synchronized
on "getContainer", so it couldn't be the troublemaker...

Any additional insight? Any unhealthy practices in my approach?

Nix.