tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Scott Haas" <h...@mco.edu>
Subject RE: Prob Loading DB Driver
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:01:05 GMT

If drivers end in  .zip ?   try renaming to .jar ..  on Unix platforms
the ant and  catalina  scripts only add *.jar files to the classpaths.

Bye,
Scott

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott Haas
Advanced Technologist
Center for Creative Instruction
ph 419-383-7462    fax 7498

Medical College of Ohio
3000 Arlington Ave
Toledo, OH 43614

http://www.mco.edu/cci

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>>> MikeK@M-V-T.COM 11/29/01 12:55AM >>>
I found a "BIGHAMMER" approach earlier today, I put copies of my jdbc
drivers in the Tomcat/common/lib  folder
But and I quote

"If you have only one web-app that references this driver, you should put it
in WEB-INF/lib. This allows for better maintenance and management of your
libraries and dependencies. To reference/load the driver classname, you
could use a parameter entry in the web.xml file... You could even have a
startup servlet to load the driver in DriverManager and/or have it available
through some lookup system such as a JNDI service.

I think this is cleaner than having it in Tomcat/common/lib UNLESS you want
those drivers to be available for all web-apps you create."

There was a small thread on this today under "Where to place JDBC Drivers?
How?"