tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ai Zhang" <Ai.Zh...@trw.com>
Subject Re: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 23:52:42 GMT
Hi! Thomas,

I take your suggestion and download Tomcat 4.0. But I did not find any installation document
for Tomcat 4.0. So I modify my old bat file and change to the following

set JAVA_HOME=d:\VisualCafeXE\jdk13
set PATH=%JAVA_HOME%\bin;%PATH%
set CATALINA_HOME=D:\Web\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-4.0

Is this correct? I am not sure why Tomcat 4.0 uses CALALINA_HOME instead of TOMCAT_HOME.

Please let me know your opinion on this. Do you know is there any installation doc for Tomcat
4.0?

Thanks,
Aijun.

>>> thomas.spiessens@student.kuleuven.ac.be 11/15/01 03:06PM >>>

Hi Ai,
I had the same problem in exactly the same situation (Tomcat3.3 in
cooperation with Windows 2000).
Didn't find a solution for it (after searching a long time), just installed
version 4.0 and everything works perfectly now.
So I suggest, try installing Tomcat version 4.0.
Maybe it's a bug in Tomcat 3.3 that hasn't been removed yet ?
Hope this helped you out,
Thomas.