tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Kunzelman <alph...@discountpetfood.net>
Subject Re: installing Tomcat on MAC
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:03:26 GMT
I'm not sure how it will work in 8.6. Is upgrading to OSX a possibility?

if so then just download the binary and create a .tcsh file in your
home directory
mine looks like:

setenv CATALINA_HOME /Applications/Tomcat
setenv JAVA_HOME /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Home
setenv CLASS_PATH /Applications/Tomcat/common/lib/servlet.jar

then it should work just fine.

servlet.jar is what you'll need for JSP's and it comes in the tomcat binary.

there are some pretty good articles on tomcat in

http://www.onjava.com/

search for tomcat.

hope this helps!

>Hi - I need instructions on how to install Tomcat on the Mac.  I am running
>OS 8.6 on a power Mac.  I saw in your archives that Basil Bourque already
>answered this question, but the link he provided,
>www.rainwatersoft.com/java4u/tomcat_on_macintosh/index.html
>is no longer valid.  Do you have an updated link, or some other place where
>I can get instructions?    By the way, I have Java developement tools for
>writing and running applets already.  Is Tomcat all I need to write and run
>JSP's?  Thank you.
>Sara Frucht
>

>--

Jeff