tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jeffrey Kunzelman <>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.01 for OS X
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:32:21 GMT
I had to do the following:
set $java_home to

then for some reason bin is called Commands so I had to update shell
scripts before it would run.

How ever now I can see the default tomcat page, but as soon as I try
to run a jsp example or servlet example I get a 404 error

Apache Tomcat/4.0.1 - HTTP Status 404 - /examples/jsp/

type Status report

message /examples/jsp/

description The requested resource (/examples/jsp/) is not available.

anyone have any ideas?

>At 21:28 -0600 11/18/01, Jeffrey Kunzelman wrote:
>>Has anyone installed tomcat 4.01 on Mac OS X?
>Sure.  It runs without any particular problems that I've noticed,
>once you figure out where to set JAVA_HOME.
>Doesn't have that problem that Windows users are reporting of
>quitting when you log out, either. :-)
>To unsubscribe:   <>
>For additional commands: <>
>Troubles with the list: <>