tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Rall <...@finemaltcoding.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.22 & Tomcat 4.0.1-- Connector issue
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 20:22:49 GMT
Prasad Kallimath <kallimath@yahoo.com> writes:

> Just wondering if anybody had success in tying Tomcat4
> with Apache. I tried looking at the archive, but could
> not get any helpful info.
[snip]
> I followed the steps mentioned in the INSTALL.txt in
> the Mod_Webapp package.
[snip]
> [Sun Nov 18 18:46:46 2001] [error] Connection "conn"
> cannot connect
> [Sun Nov 18 18:46:46 2001] [error] Cannot open
> connection "conn"

Hi Prasad.  I'm attempting a similar configuration to what you
describe here.  I also hit the problem you describe -- mod_webapp is
trying to connect to Catalina before Catalina is initialized and
listening on the specified port (therefore mod_webapp's socket
connection cannot be established).  I worked around this problem (on
Linux) by putting a `sleep 3` in my startup script in between startup
of Catalina and Apache.

                             Daniel Rall