tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Crossley <jcross...@ifleet.com>
Subject Re: [JBoss-dev] RE: Tomcat 4.0 and JBoss integrated
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:34:31 GMT
Kemp Randy-W18971 <Randy.L.Kemp@motorola.com> writes:

> The answer is in the user forums at www.jboss.org
> Go to forums, servlet-jsp , and look at topic jboss, catalina, and
> server.xml for the answer.

Thanks.  I'm still not sure I fully comprehend all the issues involved
(security, logging, centralized configuration, apache, etc), but at
least I now know there are more issues than I had originally
thought. :-)

I was just trying to upgrade my JBoss without having to upgrade my
Tomcat.  I'm a little concerned that the two are becoming more tightly
integrated.

The reason for my concern is that my presentation tier developers
should not have to run jboss to develop and test their jsp files.
It's not practical to package and redeploy a war file just to see
if changes to an html table element look ok in brower X, version Y.Z.
Those developers should only require tomcat, not jboss.

But when the time comes to deploy the app, I would like to be able to
integrate jboss with the version of tomcat used for the unit tests.
Excluding tomcat-service.jar from the core JBoss distro makes that a
bit more difficult.