tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Crossley <jcross...@ifleet.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 4.0 and JBoss integrated
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 19:00:23 GMT
Slightly off-topic, but ...

I noticed that JBoss 2.4.3 no longer includes tomcat-service.jar like
2.4.0 did.  This makes it difficult to integrate JBoss with a
pre-existing installation of Tomcat.  Does anyone know why?

If I already have a working (slightly-modified) installation of
Tomcat, and I wish to add some EJB's to my webapps, why must I
download the entire 9MB JBoss/Tomcat distro just to get the tiny
tomcat-service.jar file?  Since its classes are part of the org.jboss
package, shouldn't they be included in the standard JBoss distro?

Sorry for the crosspost, but I thought it relevant.