tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Realtime monitoring of Tomcat
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:33:33 GMT
On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Jim Cheesman wrote:

| At 11:37 AM 30/11/01, you wrote:
| >I'm actually looking for statistics like number of connections and requests
| >per second. Possible to monitor those?
|

| The tomcat access logs gives some of this information - what more exactly
| do you need? Parsing this file shouldn't be too hard if it's statistical
| information you want.

Oh, there's tons of things that you can monitor, examples:

"load", avg. execution time, "rendertime" vs. "transfer time", bytes
transferred, current # of sessions, avg. bytes/session (serialize it to
check! ;), avg # of sessions. (all avgs could be done with exponential
decay, like "unix load", 1, 5, 15 minutes), workers started, avg workers
present, connections/second, connections failed (not enough workers)..

You know, _things_..! ;)

--
Mvh,
Endre