tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <>
Subject Re: Wrong line number in stack trace
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:37:46 GMT
On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Volker Leidl wrote:

| I don't think this is correct. I just verified what you suggested, but my
| source file does not contain any single linefeeds (or carriage returns) only
| CRLF pairs. Especially all the compiled jsps contain the following line:
| pageContext = _jspxFactory.getPageContext(this, request, response,
| 			"", true, 8192, true);
| with a single linefeed after the third parameter (followed by a view tabs).
| This is definitely not from my jsp.

Isn't this just Jasper (The JSP engine) being done "unix-like", which only
uses the LF. DOS doesn't like this, and e.g. Notepad shows this as a
square. But try viewing it in Wordpad instead.

Sounds stupid, though, that jasper would compile into a misrepresentation
under the OS it's using. You haven't set some weird java attribute telling
java to use unix-style linebreaks? Or maybe it's a jasper-thing.

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message