tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Linux Hotspot JVM choice for Tomcat
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 20:18:58 GMT
On Wed, 21 Nov 2001, keiths wrote:

| Oh have I been reading....
|
| I didn't realize that Linux has a "server" or "client" jvm in 1.3.  Has
| anyone done any testing or have any observations?

"-server" is (should be) best for long running processes, as it "hotspots"
more, compiles more aggressively. The client version is tuned towards fast
startup and such not-needed stuff when one is doing server stuff..

But try out IBM's JRE 1.3 too! On my linux system, it seems like it's
about 4 times faster (really!), but this _has_ to be an error, I presume.
But anyways, check it out!

--
Mvh,
Endre