tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Cochran" <li...@bricom.com>
Subject RE: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:43:56 GMT
Make sure your TOMCAT_HOME and JAVA_HOME enviroment variable is set
correctly. I have seen that cause problems in the past

Hope this helps
Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis Haskin [mailto:Denis@HaskinFerguson.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 5:07 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Cc: Ai Zhang
Subject: Re: Fail to bring up Tomcat 3.3 for windows 2000

Ai Zhang wrote:

> I follow your suggestion, here is the error I get. Do you have any idea
about this error?

> D:\Web\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3\bin>tomcat run
org/apache/tomcat/sta
> rtup/Main

Try setting your default to D:\Web\Tomcat\jakarta-tomcat-3.3 and then
saying:

    bin\tomcat run

The tomcat.bat file (at least in my experience) assumes your TOMCAT_HOME is
your current
working directory, if it's not already defined.  See the comments in the
tomcat.bat file for
details.

dwh