tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hans Prüller" <hans.pruel...@igs.at>
Subject Antwort: installing tomcat
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:00:01 GMT

Hi Elena,

you'll just have to put the following line into the autoexec.bat file on
the win98 computer:

SET JAVA_HOME=<here comes the jdk-installation-path>

e.g. SET JAVA_HOME=C:\JDK1.3.1

this should work,

hans

                    ELENAMG

                    <ELENAMG@tele        An:     tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org

                    line.es>             Kopie:

                                         Thema:  installing tomcat

                    28.11.2001

                    14:52

                    Bitte

                    antworten an

                    "Tomcat Users

                    List"

----- Nachricht von auf -----

Hi!
I have been trying to simply install Tomcat into a windows environment
(win98) and during that process i've encountered several problems.
First of all, after reading the installation file, I found that it is
required an environment variable to be created; concretely, it says: "
Set an environment variable JAVA_HOME to the pathname of the directory
into which you installed the JDK release." I just don't know how to do
that.
Any suggestion?

    elena

Gracias

IGS Systemmanagement
GmbH & Co KG
Dorfplatz 5
A-4531 Piberbach
phone: +43 7228 6451 0       home: http://www.igs.at
fax: +43 7228 6451 30        eMail: igs@igs.at
hotline:
fax: +43 7228 6451 20        eMail: hotline@igs.at

Detailierte Informationen über das Anlagenmangement
sind ab sofort online verfügbar

Anlagenbuchhaltung ab I.Quartal 2002 verfügbar
Demotermine ab sofort möglich
Reservierung unter: igs@igs.at

  näheres unter http://www.igs.at unter Downloads