tomcat-users mailing list archives

Subject not readin properties file in tomcat 3.2, getting unsafe path exception
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2001 11:45:20 GMT
Hi All,

I have following  folder  structuer in Web-inf:

I am attempting to read the "" using

the source code:

public void setProperties(javax.servlet.ServletContext application)
throws Exception
        if (properties==null)
            InputStream is = null;
            // read from top of any classpath entry
            is = application.getResourceAsStream
         System.out.println("IN GETPROPERTIES "+is);
            properties = new Properties();
            //System.out.println("IN GETPROPERTIES "+is);
            System.out.println("IN PORP "+properties);

but I am getting an exception and following is printed on the console

"Unsafe path  D:\tomcat\ums /Web-inf/conf/"

The same code works perfectly in orion.

Can some one tell me why this is happening and what i should be doing.

I am using Tomcat 3.2 on Winnt machine.

Please help

John Thomas

To unsubscribe:   <>