tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Diego del Río <diegodel...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Wrap an HttpServletRequest
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 14:39:36 GMT
Thank you Thomas and Martin,
our problem is that the target servlet, i.e. the servlet that would receive
the 'wrapped request' forwarded by the first servlet (in this case, the
target
servlet is a jsp page), shouldn't know that the request is wrapped.
We have already implemented a lot of jsp pages (servlets at last) that
aren't
aware about attributes in the request they process.
I know that this functionality is provided by 'filters' in the servlet 2.3
spec.; unfortunately we are using Tomcat 3.2.3, a servlet 2.2 engine.