tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cor Hofman" <chof...@lucris.nl>
Subject RE: WAR files (URGENT)
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 18:14:37 GMT
Hi,

I did not follow this thread actively, but the error message you get
suggests that the file
/var/tomcat4/webapps/time/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

is not there or not accessible. Have you checked:
- File names (upper/lower case, etc)
- file protection? (rwdx, etc)

The best way to check is to login as the user under which tomcat is runnig
and then perform a "jar tf /var/tomcat4/webapps/time/timeservlet.war"

I also noticed that you talk about "webapp" dir, where the error message
indicates it is looking for a "webapps" directory (the s is missing)

Regards,

  Cor

-----Original Message-----
From: Alec Bickerton [mailto:abickerton@opaltelecom.co.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2001 18:02
To: keiths@skillview.com
Cc: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: WAR files (URGENT)

26/11/2001 16:07:53, keiths <keiths@skillview.com> wrote:

Can you clarify this.

I have just tried the following...

1- remove the war file from the webapp dir
2- recreate the war file @jar cvf timeservlet.war *
3atry to intall using manager app from current location /var/tomcat4/,
same error : FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.FileNotFoundException:
/var/tomcat4/webapps/time/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
		(No such file or directory)

THE FILE IS IN THE WAR FILE ON THE PATH SHOWN

3b try to install on /var/tomcat/webapps/

Same result.

What am I doing wrong.......

>common error is the war file is placed in webapps directory but is not
>"created" there.  "jar cf myapp.war myapp" from webapp dir is wrong,
>"jar cf myapp.war *" from your application directory, then move the war
>file up to webapp directory.
>
>Alec Bickerton wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can someone plz tell me how to install a web app packaged as a WAR file
on tomcat 4.0.1 ?

>> I've tried following the instructions in tomcat-docs but when I try them
I get a file not foud exception even though all the file in question is
in the