tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajah Kalipatnapu" <ra...@soundpipe.com>
Subject RE: Request Dispatcher
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2001 18:21:38 GMT
thats exactly correct, and if do not want to use forward, may be u can use a
conditional
statement

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Drake [mailto:rtd@pobox.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 10:32 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Request Dispatcher

JSP provides an easier way to do what you are attempting.
However, the 'hot' include mechanism, is very much like a
function call. the output from the included jsp/servlet simply
appears in the middle of your output stream. It does not replace
the entire page.

If you need a completely different response, you may need
to use the 'forward' mechanism instead. If you do, you must
forward to the other page prior to producing any output
at all.

Tom