tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <mar...@isallineed.org>
Subject RE: Design Question (Applet or HTML/Servlet)
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:24:19 GMT
Hi,

I think you better take option 2.
This has 2 reasons:
- Preformance of database access from the browser to whatever datasource
isn't too quick. Depending on the user you may also have to use javascript
to check wheather the applet has initialized (at least, I use an applet
which has size 0 and only retrieves data and generates html on the client
side). In short : I get a lot of complaints about that thing ;))
- You are not limited to what the client browser jvm is capable of

Hope this helps ;)

Mvgr,
Martin