tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Martin van den Bemt" <mar...@isallineed.org>
Subject RE: Apache people, For god's sake Do something!
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:39:55 GMT
When following the instructions of setting some environment variables, it
works out of the box. The problem that people are facing is connecting
tomcat with a webserver. The first and most important goal however is get
the product of tomcat / catalina istelf in perfect shape, so (at least for
me) it is perfectly understandable that the connectors are a bit running
behind with the releases. Building a connector from source is not always
that easy, since people can have various installs/builds (at least for
apache), other problems, os issues, library issues, etc,etc..
If you want to use the latest stuff, you actually have to do some
researching AND reading to get it working...
Help and fixing issues are done at a very high speed rate on tomcat, I
wouldn't bet my money on getting this with commercial companies!
The beautiful way of open source is indeed, as said by Graham, if it itches,
scratch it (yourself..)

Mvgr,
Martin