tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Reto Badertscher" ...@i-netsystems.com>
Subject AW: Tomcat & Velocity Native language configuration problems
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:11:22 GMT
Hello,

i had that problem too with an Oracle Database and XML files without proper
encoding specified. I've written a filter which translates all non
displayable characters to 'Numeric Entities' and configured Velocity to use
this filter.
If you're interested i can send you the code if i still have it (i switched
to JSP).

Reto
-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Zilvinas Binisevicius [mailto:zilvinasb@kaunas.omnitel.net]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 21. November 2001 09:58
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Tomcat & Velocity Native language configuration problems

Hello,
I am using tomcat and velocity on Debian box. My servlets gets data from
postgresql database and merges it with velocity template. After merging I
see '?' instead of national characters. But if the same characters are used
in template body, then they are displayed correctly. The problem is only
with data I got from database. In database there are lithuanian characters
(encoding iso-8859-13). I thing there is something wrong with configuration.

in velocity.properties file i have:
input.encoding=iso-8859-13
output.encoding=iso-8859-13
but it looks like that these settings are only used for template, not for
merged data.

Maybe I missed something

Thanx for any help.

Zilvinas