tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Nick Pierpoint" <ni...@panorama.com>
Subject Using "class" as an attribute
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:42:18 GMT

Hello All.

I have a custom tag that Tomcat (Jasper) won't compile.

The problem is one of its attributes called "class". I want to include this
attribute so that users of the tag can set the style sheet attribute in the
same way as for other HTML4 tags.

Corresponding to the "class" attribute, there is a setClass(String) method.
There is not a getClass() method as it clashes with the getClass() method of
the underlying Object class.

I have tried this on Tomcat to 3.3 and it produces the following error
message:

    - org.apache.jasper.compiler.CompileException:
    /usr3/jakarta-tomcat-3.3/webapps/panportalDev/forms/ieformtest.jsp(41,0)
    Unable to find setter method for attribute: class
    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagBeginGenerator.generateSetters

There is public void setClass(String s) in the Tag
but, of course, no property called 'class'.

Using "class" as an attribute is very natural for page designers so I expect
there is a workaround. Anyone any ideas?

--
Nick Pierpoint