tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Zilvinas Binisevicius" <zilvin...@kaunas.omnitel.net>
Subject Tomcat & Velocity Native language configuration problems
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 08:58:15 GMT
Hello,
I am using tomcat and velocity on Debian box. My servlets gets data from
postgresql database and merges it with velocity template. After merging I
see '?' instead of national characters. But if the same characters are used
in template body, then they are displayed correctly. The problem is only
with data I got from database. In database there are lithuanian characters
(encoding iso-8859-13). I thing there is something wrong with configuration.

in velocity.properties file i have:
input.encoding=iso-8859-13
output.encoding=iso-8859-13
but it looks like that these settings are only used for template, not for
merged data.

Maybe I missed something

Thanx for any help.

Zilvinas