tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert D. Morse" <rmo...@mdesignz.com>
Subject RE: I give up!
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 16:35:54 GMT
Thanks Daniel.  In earlier versions of Tomcat, I would just create a root
context that would solve this.  I haven't played around with it in 4.0.1, so
I thought I'd ask before making attempts.  Thanks for your help!

-robert.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Seyffer [mailto:tomcat@seyffer.de]
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2001 8:02 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: I give up!

Hello Robert

[snip]
> Just last night, I got it "working" and noticed this.  Now I'm trying to
get
> my application working/deployed.  Before wasting a lot of time trying
> things, you probably know how to set this up.  Let's assume the following:
>
> ServerName: foo.bar.com
> Application is at: /var/www/bar

Hm, ok, as far as I know - and I'd call myself all but a real expert - and
what I can recall that I've done. ;)

- in httpd conf add:
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp    localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy    examples        warpConnection /examples/
WebAppDeploy    <your-app-name>          warpConnection /<your-app-path>/

- then probably not the most elegant but most simple solution IMHO is to
create a link in
/var/tomcat/webapps named <your-app-name> pointing to /var/www/bar.

> So, there's no subdirectory as in http://localhost/examples.  What are the
> proper warp entries in the httpd.conf, and does anything need to be
changed
> in the server.xml file?

- in the server.xml add a context statement for your app:

<!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
        <!--
          <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
        -->

        <!-- Tomcat Manager Context -->
        <Context path="/manager" docBase="manager"
         debug="0" privileged="true"/>

// for example add a context here, just before the examples context

        <!-- your project -->
        <Context path="/<your-app-name>" docBase="<your-app-name>"
debug="0"/>
//

        <!-- Tomcat Examples Context -->
        <Context path="/examples" docBase="examples" debug="0"
                 reloadable="true">
[...]

> Thanks for all of your help.
>
> -robert.

Pleased if I could help you!

Greetings from the cold and rainy south of Germany... ;)
Daniel

ServerName
> > directive in httpd.conf.
> >
> > Now, trying to go to http://localhost/examples produces a Not Found