tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Robert D. Morse" <rmo...@mdesignz.com>
Subject RE: I give up!
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2001 01:30:15 GMT
The Invalid Virtual Host name was resolved by uncommenting the ServerName
directive in httpd.conf.

Now, trying to go to http://localhost/examples produces a Not Found error.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert D. Morse [mailto:rmorse@mdesignz.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 5:12 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: I give up!

Hello Daniel!
Thanks for the pointer.  You're correct, the RPM had the wrong directory
set, but that didn't fix the immediate problem that I'm facing.  I made the
changes as outlined by Henri Gomez (see below), however for the webapp mods,
I now get a warning that the mod_webapp.so module may be compiled with the
wrong flag (I guess this is normal), and a Invalid Virtual Host name at the

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008

line in httpd.conf.

So, that's where I'm at with this.  Other suggestions?

===========From Henri=================
You have installed tomcat4-4.0.1 rpms :

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/rpms/tomc
at4-4.0.1-1.noarch.rpm
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/rpms/tomc
at4-webapps-4.0.1-1.noarch.rpm

If so you must have tomcat4 running as user tomcat4 and listening
on port 8180 at least.

Next you should use an Apache modules, which may be mod_jk or
mod_webapp.

----------
- MOD_JK -
----------

use the TC 3.3 mod_jk

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/rpms/tomcat-mod
-3.3-1.i386.rpm

edit /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf :

--->

JkWorkersFile   /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile 	  /var/log/httpd/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel 	  error

Alias /examples "/var/tomcat4/webapps/examples"
<Directory "/var/tomcat4/webapps/examples">
    AllowOverride AuthConfig
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

JkMount /examples/servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /examples/*.jsp ajp13

<Location "/examples/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

Alias /admin "/var/tomcat4/webapps/admin"
<Directory "/var/tomcat4/webapps/admin">
    Options FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

JkMount /admin/servlet/* ajp13
JkMount /admin/*.jsp ajp13

<Location "/admin/WEB-INF/">
    AllowOverride None
    deny from all
</Location>

<---

Then edit /etc/httpd/conf/workers.properties

--->

workers.tomcat_home=/var/tomcat4
worker.list=ajp13

worker.ajp13.port=8109			!!! Nota PORT 8109 !!!
worker.ajp13.host=localhost
worker.ajp13.type=ajp13
worker.ajp13.lbfactor=1

<----

Verify also the /var/tomcat4/conf/server.xml as Ajp13 enabled
and nota THAT we LISTEN on PORT 8109 to avoid collision with
running tomcat 3.2 or 3.3 !!!!

               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

Then test and me more :)

- MOD_WEBAPP -

For mod_webapp use the TC 4.0 mod_webapp (nothing new in 4.0.1)

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0/rpms/mod_we
bapp-1.0-1.i386.rpm

Edit httpd.conf

WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppDeploy ROOT warpConnection /tomcat/
WebAppDeploy examples warpConnection /examples/