tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Roland Berger" <roland.ber...@plenum-systems.ch>
Subject CLASSPATH for web apps
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:33:07 GMT
Hi all

I always thought tomcat 3.2.3 would set the CLASSPATH for any web app
dynamically by looking e.g at the directory /WEB-INF/lib. But it doesen't
with me!!??
Example:

When I deploy my web app into the webapp directory of TOMCAT_HOME I have in
/WEB-INF/lib the log4j.jar file. When I want to access a file in that jar
the ClassLoader doesn't find it. What I have to do is to add to the
CLASSPATH the path to ...../WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar before I start tomcat.

Do I have to add the CLASSPATH's for every webapp manually to the tomcat
startup script??!! That doesn't sound JAKARTA projects like. Can somebody
explain me what tomcat does on startup and what not or can give a link to
this information?

Thank you for any help

Roland