tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kendal L. Montgomery" <>
Subject RE: included files, help!! :)
Date Sat, 20 Oct 2001 02:04:17 GMT
It'd be useful to know which version of Tomcat.

Or, to be really quick and dirty, if you're working in unix/linux, make a
quick script that just goes through each file and *touches* them.

#!/bin/bash (or ksh)

for i in $(find . -name "*.jsp")
  touch ${i}

Kendal L. Montgomery
...the comPuter Wizard...
Click here for Qwest's 5 cent State-to-State flat rate calling plan, plus
get your own 800 number at no charge!$$

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicholas Katzakis []
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2001 9:44 PM
To: tomcat
Subject: included files, help!! :)

I was wondering if somebody could help me with something that really makes
my life difficult.

on my site I have several .jsp files which all depend on 2 <%@ included %>
.htm files (the extension could be anything really.. I just named them .htm
so that I could more easily edit them with my html editor). How can I tell
tomcat to recompile the jsp files if any of them changes. Because now
whenever I make a change to the .htm files (which handle layout/style) I
have to open and SAVE around 10 files, for them to be updated.

anybody have a clue?

p.s. be specific I'm not very confident with tomcat's configuration files!

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>

View raw message