tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Pritpal Dhaliwal" <pspi...@ucdavis.edu>
Subject RE: new tomcat user
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 11:23:21 GMT
you will also need jsdk23.jar in your CLASSPATH

Pritpal Dhaliwal

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Strain [mailto:eric_strain@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 10:48 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: new tomcat user

Hi:
thanks for the reply, I added the servlet.jar file to my JAVA_HOME\lib
environment variable and rebuilt the file, I've also tried adding the
servlet.jar file to my classpath and I still get the following errors

searchlogic.java:2: Package javax.servlet not found in import.
import javax.servlet.*;
       ^
searchlogic.java:3: Package javax.servlet.http not found in import.
import javax.servlet.http.*;
       ^
searchlogic.java:5: Superclass HttpServlet of class SearchLogic not found.
public class SearchLogic extends HttpServlet {
                                 ^
searchlogic.java:5: Public class SearchLogic must be defined in a file
called "
SearchLogic.java".
public class SearchLogic extends HttpServlet {
             ^
4 errors

any ideas???