tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Renato Romano" <r.rom...@set-network.com>
Subject How To Send Users To A Default Page After Form based Login ?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:50:52 GMT
Hi all,
I succesfully configured my webapp for login authentication, but I get
a "Page not Found" Error, when a user access DIRECTLY the login page,
(and not a protected area!!) and correctly gives his username and
password. Probably Tomcat simply doesn't know WHERE to forward the
user, because he didn't request a protected page!!
When using Tomcat 3.2 I solved this by looking at the
"tomcat.auth.originalLocation" parameter in the session object, and
then defining a "default" value for this attribute when it was not
set.
How to do this with Tomcat 4 ??
Thanks.
Renato