tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Parmar, Deepak" <deepak...@mediaone.net>
Subject Design Question (Applet or HTML/Servlet)
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:19:32 GMT
Hi Guys,

We are converting over Windows base application into Web base
application.
User interface is similar to windows explorer.

Here is some info:
1. In left side we display tree and right side we display data of
whatever
node is selected in tree.
2. Tree is not STATIC means many user add/delete nodes in tree.
3. Tree may have more than 1000 nodes in it.
4. get children from database whenever user expand any node.

Two ways to implement
1. Using applet.  Applet communicates to servlet to display tree.
2. Use servlet/jsp to display tree in HTML  (using table tag).

What is the best way to mimic this tree functionality in web base
application considering we have more than 1000 nodes in tree? How about
the
performance in above two cases?

Thanks
Deepak