tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hauck, Joe" <>
Subject Multiple instances of tomcat 4
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:09:37 GMT
I am trying to set up Tomcat 4 to run multiple instances.  I have set
the CATALINA_BASE variable to a different path than CATALINA_HOME and
have copied the server.xml file from $CATALINA_HOME/conf to
$CATALINA_BASE/conf.  I have changed the $CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml
file so that ports 8XXX are now 9XXX.  I try to run the following:
$CATALINA_HOME/bin/ -f $CATALINA_BASE/conf/server.xml

Tomcat is not started, and I get the following message in the
usage: java org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina [ -config {pathname} ]
[ -debug ] [ -nonaming ] { start | stop }

When I startup tomcat normally:
Everything works just fine.

If anyone else has been able to set up multiple instances of Tomcat 4,
would you please let me know how?

To unsubscribe:   <>
For additional commands: <>
Troubles with the list: <>